We strive to make use of our local community and the rich history, culture and geography of Sudan to help our students forge links between important concepts of local, national and global significance.
Field trips may include visits to museums, factories, farms, local markets, KICS stables, places of worship or more adventurous trips to camp in the desert or by the Nile as part of our Outdoor Education Programme (ODE).
Every opportunity is taken to uprovide within Sudan and overseas. Field trips within Khartoum include;
- Geography fieldwork to the River Nile, Tutti Island and the downtown area for their internal assessment.
- Art visits to both galleries and museums to gain inspiration and examine specific painting techniques. They also take opportunities to visit different locations for live painting.
- Science in conjunction with Geography visits to DAL Laboratories and farms to gain a better understanding of the processes involved in both areas.
- The Music department regularly visits locations around Khartoum to perform to a live audience.
- All Year groups undertake an Outdoor Expedition (ODE) to the desert or lakes areas near Khartoum.
Furthermore, Secondary students have the opportunity to take part in:
- The annual Ski trip to Europe
- The Leadership expedition to Thailand
- The Hague for the annual THIMUN